Friday 7 December 2012

Chief in November

 Through my twenties, the idea of writing this novel, titled Chief, has been there. I even managed quite a few chapters, only to delete every word later. I had been making rather half-hearted attempts at Chief for the last five years. What I needed was to stop deleting my writing the following morning.
This year, I decided to join NaNoWriMo, out of sheer curiosity. Because I stopped deleting my material, I managed to complete the designated 50k well on time. But what's even nicer, Chief is going strong! Of course, I hope to round off the word count to a nice 90k, which could take a while, and do several - many, if you like - rounds of edits and rewrites. But the important thing is, Chief IS out there! And I wrote every word of it! Thank you, NaNoWriMo.
Needless to say, I still hate every word I've written.

No comments:

Post a Comment